Sieur de Monts Spring, Acadia National Park

This Sieur de Monts Springhouse was constructed in 1909 by George B. Dorr, the first superintenent of the land that became Acadia National Park. On the large rock in front of the springhouse, he carved “The Sweet Waters of Acadia.” This location has come to symbolize the dedication of people like Dorr. (click photo for next)
Sieur de Monts Spring in Acadia National Park


click photo to view next