Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park have many tour options on land and on sea for you
to try. All will have friendly and helpful staff to answer your questions and guide you to a good choice. In
addition to these, check the Acadia National Park Visitor Center for Ranger led programs that are happened.
These can be fun and very rewarding.
P.O. Box 426, Bar Harbor
We offer tours for small groups, anywhere from 1-12 people, with a variety of vehicles to meet any need.
In addition to our regular menu of tours, we're always happy to design something especially for you, depending
on how long you want to tour and what you want to see.
- Offers guided sea & freshwater kayak tours - canoe, kayak & bike rentals - Maine guide training & accommodations
- have private docks in Bar Harbor. We encourage you to try what may very well be the highlight of
your Acadia vacation. Reservations are recommended.
- We specialize in small groups (no more than 6 boats per tour) and personalized service by a professional
guide staff. We've been doing kayak tours for 28 years. Tours are on both the east and west side of
Mount Desert Island.
- Island Cruises
- Our narrated nature cruises (including lunch trip to Frenchboro) will help you discover the abundant
wildlife and history of Maine's offshore islands. See seals, eagles, porpoise; haul lobster traps;
learn about fishing along the Maine coast, yesterday and today.
Explorer Shuttle Bus
- Free transportation is provided in the area via Island Explorer Shuttle Buses - clean propane-powered
vehicles supported by the National Park Service, area towns, the US DOT, Maine DOT, local businesses,
and Friends of Acadia. There are 7 bus routes linking inns, hotels, campgrounds and destinations within Acadia
National Park and elsewhere on the island.
- Lulu Lobster
- Offers 2 hour tours leaving from the Harborside Hotel and Marina in Bar Harbor, Maine. Each tour
can accommodate up to 15 people maximum. Includes an informative and entertaining demonstration of
how the Maine Lobster is harvested as well as seal watching.
State Sea Kayak
- Experience and view Acadia National Park as few ever do. We are located in Southwest Harbor and pride
ourselves in keeping our excursions small so that they remain of the highest quality.
Park Canoe & Kayak Rental
- We are conveniently located at the north end of Long Pond, the largest lake in Acadia National Park,
and rent top quality Old Town Canoes, Kayaks, and Riot Kayaks. Your pets are welcome.
Park Sea Kayak Tours
- Specializing in Sea Kayak Tours of the Acadia National Park coastline and uninhabited islands. Let
our Registered Maine Guide help you discover local marine wildlife close to the shore.
- Oli's Trolly:
- This is a great way to see the sites of Acadia National Park when you want to leave the driving
to someone else. There are 1 and 2 1/2 hour tours available depending upon the season so check with
the web site.
- Sea Princess
- Offers four unique narrated scenic tours of Mount Desert Island departing from the Northeast
Harbor Town Marina in beautiful and protected Somes Sound.
Venture Custom Boat Tours
- Captain Winston Shaw, an expert naturalist with 3 decades of local experience, offers unique private
boat tours for individuals and families of up to 6. Choose from more than 20 enjoyable 1 to 8 hour
custom designed trips. Experience eagles, seals, loons, and other fascinating wildlife, along with
spectacular sea cliffs, pristine islands, secluded coves, lighthouses, and breathtaking sunsets.
Rachel B. Jackson
- A working replica of an 1890's coastal schooner, offering day sails, boat & breakfast overnights
and specialty cruises out of Rockland, Maine.
Bar Harbor & Acadia Tours!